Monday, May 5, 2008

Chicken Update

I have some great chicken news to announce. I have the coop, and our chickens will be here in a few weeks. We are receiving 1 day old chicks, which could be considered a little crazy by some of you. That's ok if you think this. You are the same people that will be jealous of my easter egg laying chicken in a few months.

Here are few pictures of our 4 hens. We've been told that the adult color of chickens can't be nailed down from the chicks, so these might not exactly match our chickens. But I expect these to be pretty close.

d'Uccle Bantams


Buff Silkie


Easter Egger


Barred Plymouth Rock (rooster is in front of the hens)


I know you're thinking that these chickens are awesome. I KNOW. That's why we're getting them. I'll talk about the coop after I decide on my course of action.

We are currently considering names for each chicken. We have a few ideas, but you know we don't like to name things until they have arrived. If you have ideas, we'll listen unless you're Drew. Drew, your ideas are terrible.

6 comments:

Brian Mauter said...

You guys named Jackson and Patrick before they arrived...

My recommendations for names are:
- Kentucky
- Zaxby
- Guthrie
- Chikfilet

Anonymous said...

You got alot to learn about chickens, those are roosters based on their comb. DAD

Anonymous said...

I think no matter what you do you need a theme.

How about Benedict, Fried, Scrambled, and Poach? Or maybe Blu, as in chicken cordon blu?

Anonymous said...

Sticking with the theme of this post

Original Recipee
Extra Crispy
Cajun
Steve

Anonymous said...

Or You could go with personal references:

Rabie
Ringie
Bells
Palsy

Back to the food idea:

Buffalo
Caribbean Jerk
teriyaki
Slow'Retard

Anonymous said...

How about these names:

Little Jerry Seinfield
Foghorn Leghorn
Lemon Pepper
Lollipop #2