Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Boys, boys, boys

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, my boys are keeping me busy.


I am still up to my elbows in potty training.  Jackson has been doing really well and only has to wear a diaper at night now.  Lately he's been fascinated with "splashing the water" (peeing standing up), so I spend a lot of my time mopping and cleaning the toilet.  Thankfully, his aim is quickly improving.

Patrick has really started to move and explore this past week.  He's pulling up on everything and trying to climb the stairs.  He has started to talk a lot more and loves to make lots of noise and different sounds.  He also discovered his tongue so he sticks it out all the time and tries to blow raspberries.  

Our new tradition is to have a dance party every afternoon.  4:00 p.m. is definitely a low point of the day for me.  I'm usually exhausted and anxious for the calvary (Alex) to arrive, so I've started to play dance music very loudly and all 3 of us dance to help distract us from our whiny, annoying feelings until Daddy arrives.  Dancing for Jackson involves lots of spinning and jumping and Patrick contributes with a lot of arm flailing.  
I heart them.



5 comments:

Alex said...

I can vouch for Jackson's awesome dance moves. This kid clearly has natural born talent.

Susan said...

Hilarious! I'm dreading potty training for some reason. I think the whole public potty thing kind of grosses me out. Mere pooped in the potty on Monday but since then has shown no interest! I guess that's just how it goes...of course it couldn't be easy!

Lauren said...

Too funny with the "splashing." My sister in law put fruit loops in the potty to "aim" for, in order to help keep the surrounding area from needing constant clean up. Hey, whatever works!

Katy said...

I will start by saying your boys are adorable. I love the idea of a dance party, I will have to try that one. For the potty training I wish you all the luck in the world. I do however love the idea of "splashing the water" although it doesn't work quite the same with girls. Night time was harder with Anna too. I finally ditched the "goodnites" and put her in those thick trainning panties, when se would wet the bed I would put a folded towel over it until I was awake enough to strip the sheets, that way we didn't have to stay up as long. Pretty soon you'll wish for those nights again.

Alex said...

I've been rubbing his nose in it. I think that's been the biggest reason for the recent improvement.