Thursday, November 13, 2008

Poor Alex

I appreciate the support Lettie has shown to me during this difficult time of her reduced hearing.  I don't think that everyone has shown the same amount of support during such a difficult time for me.  I thought I would give a few examples to show how hard my life has been.

The night before last, I had to get up with the kids at 3 different times.  Jackson had one crying fit where he needed to be looked at in order to get in under control, and Patrick had a few instances of loud, yet unknown symptoms.

The next night, I setup the baby monitor right next to Lettie's pillow.  I turned it up as loud as it would go.  The monitor doesn't have a squelch control, so the static from the amplified signal made me antsy all night as I waited for a potential baby cry.

I've had to answer the phone in the evenings.  I barely answer the phone at work, and now I have to do it at home too.

I have had to listen to Lettie's sob stories about going grocery shopping and finding out that her wallet was missing while she was in the checkout line.  The ear infections have waged a double front war on her brain.

And lastly, Lettie hasn't been cooking as often because she "can't taste" and also because she "doesn't feel good."  It never ends.

8 comments:

Lettie said...

Isn't my husband so hilarious?

At least my hearing loss means I can't hear him complain. :)

Елизавета said...

OH YOU POOR THING.

Елизавета said...

BLESS YOUR LIL COTTON PICKIN HEART.

Елизавета said...

WHAT A MISERABLE LIFE YOU MUST HAVE.

Елизавета said...

Please let me know when you need some more sympathy and I will gladly deliver it in person. Love, your sister.

Jerrod Moll said...

Wanna move in with us? Meredith is cooking pancakes now!

Anonymous said...

I was just looking at your pictures on flickr and wanted to say how much I miss you guys! I wish we lived closer.

Anonymous said...

Poor Baby!