Friday, March 21, 2008

Lovin' Life-even as a single parent

It's been a long while since we blogged and Brian layed a serious guilt trip on us, so even though Alex is out of town I am going to try to throw you a bone here.

I am loving life this week because Patrick started sleeping through the night. He is just an angel baby! As long as I feed him about a million times between the hours of 5 and 8 pm, he has been sleeping until 6 in the morning! This means that I can't go anywhere in the evenings, but in my book sleep is way more important than having a life. It's amazing how much nicer and sane I can be when I am getting a full night's sleep.

This was my first week as a single parent with 2 boys. Alex left Tuesday for Arizona and he's coming back today. I'm very ready for him to come back home, but things went very smoothly and the week was easier than I thought it would be. Actually, I think the house stayed cleaner without him around. I'll just be glad to have a partner to share the madness with again.

Jackson made a trip to the doctor this week and believe it or not, the wild animal did not make an appearance. I think the bribe of ice cream might have had something to do with that. I've decided that parenting a 2 year old is all about bribes.

Hopefully after Alex returns, I can do some more regular blogging. I've been doing lots of girly stuff around the house, so I'll talk about that next time.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! Leah has only slept through the entire night TWICE, and once was last night.

Be ready for Alex to say how he really didn't sleep that well at all, that is what Joe always tries to tell me but I don't buy it.

thatbenguy said...

I sure hope this means that we are right behind you - Hatcher hasn't slept past 2 or 3 yet.