Friday, March 7, 2008

Victory Speech

They said our sights were set too high.

They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come together around a common purpose. But, on this March night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do.

You came together to say that we are one Blog, and the time for simple, yet sophisticated deck flooring is now.

Thank You, Thank You. We stand together to resist the needs for everything shabby chic, and so this world will have solid footing for our children and their children.

Hopefully the deck project administration will accept the wishes of the people, and this project will one day be completed.

Since the deck is done, the next poll might be for what project is next. The deck throwdown can now be planned. Everyone is invited except for Dad. And Drew is on serious probation for recommending "astroturf" flooring. I am considering the death penalty.

7 comments:

CJG said...

You still have yet to put in that pool we requested over 2 years ago... If you do the shoveling, I'll take the dirt (rocks).

Alex said...

I think you have a pretty serious conflict of interest. Your vote won't count until you build a nice workshop with central air.

CJG said...

The workshop with central air will be a nice addition, but I promised Jess that there'd be a porch swing facing the pool. So, unfortunately, I need the pool installed so I know where to position the building.

Anonymous said...

Alex, if you recall I voted for whatever Lettie wanted. So, i voted for the winning finish. I assure you, Lettie decided she wanted the finish that was put on. If she had not, you would not have put it on. So, i was on the winning side. DAD

Alex said...

Only time will tell if the current finish will meet Lettie's decorating demands. Until that time has passed, you aren't invited to any deck parties. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

You can be my psuedo dad Mr. Burns if you would like. I don't eat as many hamburgers as I used to either.

Brian Mauter said...

Today is March 19. I think I'm coming down with ABWS--Alex's Blog Withdrawal Syndrome. You guys think you could post something?