Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Penelope's Story

Most of you already know this, but we welcomed baby number 3 a couple of weeks ago and it's a girl! Penelope Kate was born on October 6th. She weighed 6 lbs. 10 oz and was 19.5 inches long. The labor was quick and easy. It went even faster than the other two-only about 3.5 hours. I hardly even had time to realize what was happening and she was already in my arms!


She is doing great. She's such a sweet baby and is very petite with delicate, small features. She went to the doctor yesterday for her 2 week checkup and is up to 7 lbs. 14 oz and 21 inches, so she is definitely nursing well.

I think we are finally adjusting to having a girl in the house. It felt a little strange at first to be able to dress her in pink and refer to her as "she." I've been doing lots of shopping for cute girly things and I am working on her nursery. Fun!

The boys love their little sister. We haven't had to deal with any jealousy issues so far. Jackson wants to hold her and "pet" her all the time and Patrick likes to bring her trains to play with. They have done great with the adjustment.

We are going to try to finally get to Tate Farms (a local pumpkin patch) today, so hopefully we'll get some good pictures that I can post. Thanks everyone for all the well wishes and gifts!

4 comments:

Candi said...

Lettie she is a doll! It is fun to buy girly things and pink :) Glad she is nursing well. That's cool that we go to the same practice...I saw Dr. Dudley twice while in the hospital and she was pretty awesome as well...I have been impressed so far with the practice :)
Have fun at Tate Farms! Love that place :)

Colleen said...

Congratulations!! I love her name. So classic. I still call Kate "buddy" just because I'm used to it with Dash. :)

Lauren said...

Yay! Apparently "Kate" is making the rounds this year!

She is a cutie and I know that you (and Alex) are thrilled with a little girl! They are fun, but boy will they make you go broke...ALL the clothes are cute!

Katy said...

Congets! She is beautiful! It is so fun to dress little girls up! Kate is a popular name this year is seems but it is classic and beautiful as any girl name should be.