Sunday, February 17, 2008

I'm Healed

From Friday until today my nerves sucked in all the steroids and grew back just as they were supposed to. My mouth and eye just seem to move on my command. The doctors were right that about 2 weeks would be needed. I have a small amount of movement left to gain on my left side, but it's not enough to merit a full up blog of daily complaints. My taste is mostly back as well. With full mouth movement it's super easy to eat. Food doesn't pull up in my lower lip and I can take big bites out of hamburgers. Nice.

I'm glad that's over. I guess Lettie and I will keep up the blog. I'm surprised at the number of people that have said they read it. Lettie feels some sort of pressure to create a fantastic blog entry. To fulfill blogger expectations, her life needs to take a turn to the wild and exciting . I need all of your help to make her life full of surprises. Whenever you see Lettie, please pull a practical joke on her so she can have an exciting life. The 2 boys aren't old enough to play pranks on her, and I think she needs this to complete her. If you do your part, I think the blog will live on.

Thanks to Lisa for the Flickr account. I love Flickr. We're switching from Picasa Web to Flickr. There aren't many pictures up there yet, but here's the latest of the deck: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexlettie/2273494734/

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why have you decided to make the switch between picasa and Flickr?

Anonymous said...

your picture looks the same; when do the steroids help with that?

Alex said...

I'm eating up online picture space, so I was soon going to reach the limit of Picasa Web free space. Cost wasn't a real issue because of that. I like the Flickr community of pictures, and the stats kept for each picture. I still use Picasa on my computer to view all my pictures so Picasa2Flickr plug-in was the key.

Alex said...

I measured my head and it is definitely bigger now that I've taken all these steroids

Anonymous said...

I see you milked this thing for 2 weeks....i'm surprised Lettie let it go that long. How many times did you mutter "I'm sick" in your little voice?

Anonymous said...

Alex, my life is empty without your blog. When is Lettie going to start hers?