Sunday, August 10, 2008

Delayed Update

It's been a while since we wrote to the blog.  Our computer took a permanent trip to the farm last week.  It slowly started resetting more and more often until it was too much of a pain to use.

So, we got a new family member.  Here's the pic:
She's pretty.

I also got a new lawnmower.  It's a 2003 Troybuilt, to replace my 1997 Scotts with a bad transmission.  The Troybuilt has a seized engine, so I swapped the engines.  This was a little bit of a mess since the engines weren't the same.  It's running again, but I don't have a muffler.

I also swapped television cable, telephone, and internet providers.  I had the same companies for 6 years, and they were really taking it to me.  We now have better everything for less money.  I like DirecTV, and all their HD channels.

Another new thing is that we started a budget.  I'm not the best at having a budget, but the little lady likes to have one.  I don't need a budget to help me spend money, but presumably, Lettie does.  As long as this doesn't hinder my lifestyle, I'll give it a try.

And lastly, we've changed our eating habits.  This originated from the chickens, but what we eat has been a focus lately.  One example of our change is, no more high fructose corn syrup.  Almost everything on the shelves has corn syrup for no reason other than to rot our teeth and make us obese.  I don't think the switch has been a big deal, but Lettie should tell us more details sometime later.

I think you are mostly caught up, except for the hypermiling challenge results.  I would talk about that, but the dog is in here with me and she has gas.  I need to go.  Spoiler alert, I didn't win.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really want to hear more about your new diet!!

Anonymous said...

I really want to hear more about your new computer!!