Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

It's been 9 days since the failed emergency room visit. Nothing is different today. I thought my taste might be coming back since a snack I had seemed to be very different. I can't remember what the snack was but I figure it must have been rotten. My taste is still muted and I think it's the same as the past days. I was thankful for the muted taste as it worked marvelous today at Mom and Dad's Mexican restaurant for dinner. I feel bad for Lettie and Jackson since they had full use of their taste buds.

Ben got me the best BP gift I could imagine. Thanks Ben. It's a surrogate mouth. Since I complained about my mouth blowing in the wrong directions, Ben came up with this perfect substitude. I plan to use the router to cut a notch out of a 2x6 tomorrow, so I'll try it out then to keep the notch clear of sawdust. Jackson will also appreciate the never ending bubbles from these duster cans.

I'm actually tired of complaining, so I don't have a new complaint today. I recognize this is highly unusual, but even I get tired of constant complaining.

WAIT. I do have a complaint to share. I'm tired of the forlorn "Hello Alex" greeting that I get in the hallway. People use to ignore me and we both liked it that way. Now people have to say something that sounds pitiful. Surely I'm not that pitiful. Well, I know I don't walk even slower than before so the pitiful scale shouldn't be different. Everyone I work significant time with is way over this left side right side battle. But a few people that I don't talk with very much seem to be the depressed greeting types.

My apologies to Justin, the UT graduate, for my past comments. I am a hater, but you know the comments are true. Those girls are big: http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2007/Aug/28/tenn-fifthin-obesityfor-nation/ I know Alabama isn't the skinniest state (still skinnier than Tennessee), but Huntsville is an island of wealthy professionalism in this fine state.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sucks. I now know two people with bell's Pasly, what are the odds.

Alex said...

This Bell's Palsy blog does have an official odds statistician, but he is on a "business" trip to Reno this week. I'll fill in. You need to know 10,000 people before you know 2 people with BP.

Anonymous said...

I am really diappointed w/ your link. I thought it was going to be a link to a husky UT cheerleader.

Anonymous said...

Your tongue may still be slick, but it is as caustic as ever.
DAD