Friday, February 8, 2008

3 Days

I started putting eye drops in my eye this morning. It turns out that they help. I didn't know how much I needed them until I started. Now that's something else I'm addicted to. I dreaded putting the drops in because I have an enormous fear of things touching my eyeball. Without a blink reflex, these drops are a piece of cake. I'll keep using them.

I wanted a good lunch today, so I splurged and went to Jersey Mike's for my Regular #9. The experience wasn't what I hoped. I couldn't open my mouth wide enough to eat the sandwich without getting my left lip in the way. Since I still have feeling, I knew I was about to bite my lip but it wouldn't move out of the way. I have to use 1 hand to hold the #9, and the other hand to pull my bottom lip out of the way. Once I figured that out, I remembered that I can't taste. The whole sandwich tastes like a wedge of lettuce with mayonnaise.

I don't think the symptoms got any worse today. I know they aren't better, but not worse is also good.

Here's me and little Patrick after a full day of work:

0 comments: