Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Bell's Palsy Diagnosis

Today I was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy. If you aren't familiar with it (why would you be at 23/100000 odds of getting it) you can find some information here: http://www.bellspalsy.ws/ or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell's_palsy. In looking for information, I found a few diaries of other people's recovery and thought that was a good idea. Hopefully my recovery is quick and I don't have to update this blog for the rest of my years.

I just realized why I got Bell's Palsy. Although doctor's don't know how to treat it or how you get it, I do. It's because I didn't fast on Ash Wednesday or attend church on the Holy Day. I didn't realize BP was used as a penance, but that seems reasonable. UPDATE: Jackson's Godparents informed me that Ash Wednesday is not a Holy Day. Who knows that, and why would anyone argue with a 1/2 faced man about Holy Days? I'm as clueless as the doctors again, and I'm not playing the Mauters in religious trivia anytime soon.

I'll add a few back dated posts with my symptoms of each day. I'll try to add more posts as symptoms change so you can track my progress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet it is caused from you hairy toes...

Елизавета said...

Everyone knows that a dirty forehead keeps BP at bay.
Also, let me guess that you didn't get your throat blessed on St. Blaise day.