Thursday, February 7, 2008

48 Hours

From what I've read, symptoms seem to increase for 48 hours after muscle twitching. This is what I've seen today. My swelling has come back a little on the left jaw and my eye blinks are a little worse. My jaw is sore from the swelling. The symptoms are still more annoying than anything else.

I took 1/2 day off from work and took a nap. That was nice. I'm tearing through my vacation hours. I would never have considered Bell's Palsy to be a vacation, but so far it's been 8 hours worth.

Mom got me an eye patch. Thanks Mom. I don't quite have it figured out yet because it cuts the blood circulation off to the rest of my head. I'll make some shoestring improvements and maybe that will help. I also need something to keep my eye closed so I don't have to remember to blink it when I'm not using it.

Also a special thanks to Andy for modifying the wiki page on my behalf. Notice the new update in the Famous People section: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell's_palsy

Here are a few pictures from today. I know I need a haircut. I plan to get the right side of my hair trimmed up and leave the left side as is. I should quit shaving on that side too. I think you can view a bigger version of the picture by clicking it.

Eyes shut REALLY hard:


Pucker up:


Today's smile:

5 comments:

Brian Mauter said...

Ooh, that pucker up face sure is sexy. Just in time for Valentine's Day!

Alex said...

When I'm not wearing the pirate patch Jackson still likes my sloppy kisses.

REB said...

do a face shot that split down the middle. then do two mirror image shots, one that total bells pasley and one that is total not bells pasley.

Anonymous said...

Your poker face just got 50% better!

Alex said...

My poker face has always been solid. The problem I have is everyone knows I never get 2 decent cards in the same hand.